Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Bryndza snack (juhtúrós pogácsa)



Bryndza snack, photo: Ildikó Szilágyi-Nagy
When I bake a dessert or a snack, I usually intend to create not only a delicious food, but also a food with a healthy nutrition profile. I prefer cakes with less sugar and more protein. That is one reason why I am so fond of Bryndza snack. Above all, I like the taste of Bryndza.
The name of this Eastern-European soft cheese originates from some Slovak regions, from the 1470's. Originally it was made of sheep milk, today Slovak Bryndza must contain 50% of sheep's cheese (what remains is from cow's milk). Bryndza is easily available all over in Hungarian shops.

Bryndza snack, photo: Ildikó Szilágyi-Nagy

Last month I have prepared this salty snack every week. Anyway, a lot of the people who live in our village have a Slovak origin.


Ingredients
20 dkg whole-wheat flour
15 dkg Bryndza
10 dkg butter
2-3 tablespoons sour cream
0,5 package of backing powder
0,25 teaspoon salt (taste first how salty your Bryndza is)


Bryndza snack, photo: Ildikó Szilágyi-Nagy

I mixed Bryndza, butter, sour cream into an almost smooth mixture. I added the dry ingredients, and kneaded it. I rolled out the pastry and then folded it several times, and repeated this operation three more times. Finally, I rolled out the pastry to be 1,5 cm thick, and I plunged a really tiny cutter. I kneaded the rest and rolled, folded and cut it again. I baked the pastry at 180 Celsius, for 13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment