Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

About The Prágai Backyard Garden


I really think that here, in Hungary the backyard garden is the best answer to the provocation called ’world crisis’.  We have great opportunities to grow greens, our soil is great, thus the best thing we can do to improve our life standard is to dig up the lawn around the house or break the concrete in the backyard garden. You can easily do that in a suburb. And if you are so lucky to live in the country grab somehow a piece of land around your cottage.
First investment: buy a spade. A barbarian thought it might appear to grow salads, roots or cabbages instead of evergreens or flower-beds. However, producing finely looking vegetable beds is really a kind of temptation, it trains our creativity and the result might be stunning. What is more, the green loads pouring into our kitchen might uplift our spirit. Well, creating a deep vegetable bed needs an input. It is hard work. I have already been writing about deep vegetable beds, offering a short but practical guide. My experience is that this method is the most effective way of our home veg production .
Gardening, especially in the beginning, is undoubtedly tiring. Just one piece of advice: don’t give up in the beginning! You will see more and more outcome of your work as years pass. And this is only the practical side. You will live in harmony with your ideas and Mother Nature herself, you can help our Planet to survive, and you can feed your beloved with quality home food. Food production in the average agricultural industry – namely, farms – would not offer opportunities for the future. We could see in the film The farm of the future that agriculture production consumes 10 joules fossil energy to produce one joule food product. This is a waste, and this is not sustainable.
And you can see that fossil energy is getting more and more expensive. If you think that over, you will admit that traditional farming, based on sustainable energy, especially on human work and animal power, can open a new dimension again. For me, it is definitely a solution. I love gardening and I have been practicing it for 21 years, I love cooking and I do appreciate fresh, home-made food.  So, that is the point! I started with a backyard garden, I went on with a tiny vineyard, and I bought a bigger one this in the picturesque region of the Velencei lake, on the Pázmánd hill with a neglected cellar, and a jungle-like garden. And I set up my mind to cut off weeds and shrubs, and I started to visualise the cultivation plan of the Prágai Backyard Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment